Everything U Need to Know about ....

I'd love to get my hands on one of those period cello bows. Looks like they get more attack.
Pity they didn't dress period as well.

Great, so does this mean we can all post our "favorites" in the MP3 Clinic now, under the guise of "educating people"?

I'm going to be posting side 2 of "Abbey Road". :eek:

Great, so does this mean we can all post our "favorites" in the MP3 Clinic now, under the guise of "educating people"?

I'm going to be posting side 2 of "Abbey Road". :eek:

Right!! This thread belongs in Songwriting and Composition and that's where I moved it.

Peace,

Not a guise. And not my favorite. If anyone really wants to get a handle on any of the subject headings...which come up near daily on this mp3 forum.... a dose of focused listening...and watching...should guide a bit. And its content's also applicable to mixing concept...little gems like R&L separation of the call and answer: an illustration of logic in panning.

It's a good study. It belongs here, in the mp3 forum. This is where the subjects get discussed, in detail, when critiquing subs.

That is, the mp3 forum is a 'mix-clinic', for sure; but 9 of ten submissions are also looking for critique on the content. And that's a good thing: the suggestions made are immediate to the work at hand....actual recordings. And it's not songwriting, or composition, so much: it's the arranging, or other similar details too small to be taken in-general....discussed w/o a hard example.

The mp3 forum is, de-facto, the 'arranging clinic'. And the vid is about illustration of arranging techniques...more than 'composition'.

Last edited:
The MP3 clinic is strictly for putting up your own work, not someone else's. Discussions about arrangement, composition and songwriting are better served in this forum where people will be looking for it.

If anyone really wants to get a handle on any of the subject headings...which come up near daily on this mp3 forum.... a dose of focused listening...and watching...should guide a bit. And its content's also applicable to mixing concept...
Right, and we have the rest of the site to discuss these things.

Thanks for sharing and helping others to become better songwriters, engineers and musicians. Your comments are very valuable to us trying to learn the arts.

peace,

Great Post

Jeff,
Great lesson man! I hear this song hundreds of times a year. It's required listening in the Bach to Rock class I teach. I always find something new each time I hear it. This time I asked myself - How does one go about recording such a vast array of instrumentation and make it so clear and separated? Truly remarkable!

Keep teaching Jeff - I appreciate it (especially when you put an ear to my musical follies) :D

Brad

Back