Every time I got the sound I wanted. . . it would start smoking . .

spantini

COO of me, inc.
:laughings::eek::laughings:

"I wrote Jump on a Sequential Circuits Prophet-10 in my bedroom while the studio was being built. Every time I got the sound that I wanted on the right-hand split section of the keyboard, it would start smoking and pop a fuse. I got another one and the same thing happened. A guy I knew said I should try an Oberheim OB-Xa, so I bought one of those and got the sound I wanted."

Crazy story. Who’d a thunk. @ 1975 the Rat bastard told me he didn’t want a keyboard player in the band when I hit him up at Louie’s night gallery one night to audition for the spot of their recently lost keyboard player. He says nah man we’re just going to try the power trio thing. Think how many more #1 hits they could of had if he’d just of said sure man let’s give it a try. :laughings:

:laughings::eek::laughings:

"I wrote Jump on a Sequential Circuits Prophet-10 in my bedroom while the studio was being built. Every time I got the sound that I wanted on the right-hand split section of the keyboard, it would start smoking and pop a fuse. I got another one and the same thing happened. A guy I knew said I should try an Oberheim OB-Xa, so I bought one of those and got the sound I wanted."

it's cool to hear Jump in its infancy - but does EVH have to Bull**** every time when he talks about stuff? No one blows Fuses - and Snyths don't start smoking.

Reactions: TAE
I was reading about the new Extreme releases and Nuno Bettencourt *respect* said that there is a lot of emotional inspiration in the new record as an homage to Eddie’s passing. Nuno said, “I’m not trying to be Eddie’s replacement” and he isn’t and couldn’t be. But Nuno plays Eddie stronger, faster and better than Eddie and I’ll argue that with anyone from a technical playing standpoint all day long. But Eddie’s tone and style was soooo different and new and fresh on the first 3 VH albums that it changed the hard rock climate (early metal depending on opinion and your age) for probably 80% of budding rock guitarists at the time and probably 95% of new guitarists in the following years. As much as I idolize EVH and influence he’s had in me as a soloist, his prime tone and playing happened on the first 3 records, but at a time that it was like nothing imaginable. Nuno still plays Eddie better than Eddie, but it’s apples and oranges because of the time period and innovation Eddie brought. Love to hear Nuno play though. He is a badass

My other EVH comments is the piano part for Right Now (Van Hagar) in 5150 idea tapes. That exact same part was on a TV movie soundtrack that Valerie starred in before that part was used in the van Hagar song. Forget the movie but came across it bored one time and there it was.

Searched and probably The Seduction of Gina. Not gonna watch the whole movie to find that piano riffs but she was maybe getting out of a car and running from trouble when it was playing…a tense moment, but Right Now riff note for note

TAE may disagree but Roland leaped fast in the synth world and I still think the hands down best sounding synthesizer keyboard ever made was Jupiter 8

Crazy story. Who’d a thunk. @ 1975 the Rat bastard told me he didn’t want a keyboard player in the band when I hit him up at Louie’s night gallery one night to audition for the spot of their recently lost keyboard player. He says nah man we’re just going to try the power trio thing. Think how many more #1 hits they could of had if he’d just of said sure man let’s give it a try. :laughings:
Dude, you the man!.... love it!
Cheers

Back