Ever wonder how MONSTER CABLE stays in business?

tarnationsauce2

Welcome to the jungle.
No it's not because those overly expensive medium quality cables are flying off the shelves.
I bet if you go to the local Best Buy, you'll see a nice layer of dust on anything Monster Cable.

No, they make money by suing lots of businesses, BIG and small, who ever uses the word "Monster" as a part of the business name, or product. Huge companies like Disney for Monster Inc, and Monster.com to the smallest unheard of ebusinesses. Unbelievable!

Check out this page: http://www.madmartian.com/legal/

This page has a current list of businesses that Monster Cables have filed suit with... good lord, look at all of them! http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?...ameop=&propname=&pop=&pn=&pop2=&pn2=&cop=&cn=

Monster cable is a horrible company, they need to get better products for a more realistic price! And leave everybody else alone. :mad:

Not that I agree with Monster Cable's bully practices, but please explain how these lawsuits/cease&desist requests generate money for the company? Going to court costs money and I've never read where a company has settled with Monster for any substantial amount of money.

I buy custom made wires (to my specified lenghths and ends) from Four Star Wire. Just like Monster they are gurenteed for life. They are less expensive also. I havnt checked out the web site because they sent me a 1" binder with all their catalogs. Check it out though.

fourstarwire.com

mystarsound.com

1-877-789-1626

They also do custom rack panals & face plates. They are building me a 20 pt patch bay w/a 4 pt midi in a single rack space. Its not too much more than goining to buy a brand new 48 pt bay.

I recently read an article on cables and the message I got was that the "name brand" cables are overrated, and that a lot of the hype about better conductors and insulators improved sound quality was not true, at least not to the extent the adds seem to imply. Surely better shielding and higher quality connectors matter and duability is definitely desirable if the cable is used in a mobil setup or is constantly moved etc, etc. I need to start posting these articles when I read them so I can get feedback from others.

Anyhow, the author of the article challenged several of these manufacturers to produce test results to prove their claims were true, that there were means of testing and showing the results...similar to microphone tests....with data that could be verified. To date, no one had produced anything to prove their claims. I know that conductor size and type matters at very high frequencies, but for signals in the audio range, copper wire is copper wire. Am I wrong here, or does anyone have some real scientific data to prove otherwise?

The truth is that expensive cables do nothing.
As much as I can tolerate people saying they can actually hear a difference between a $1k preamp and a $5k preamp and with different amps and stuff which have similar specs...
I CAN'T tolerate having someone tell me that cables make a difference....
The only way a cable makes a difference is when speaker cables have too small of a diameter and oppose too much resistance to the amp, which adds a real component to the complex impedance of the loudspeaker, thus changing it's frequency response and the amplifier interaction.
But signal cables...really guys, it's ALL in your head about that one!.
Construction, good connectors and warranty are what I look for personally.

EDIT:
Ohh and I nearly forgot: Monster is one of the companies I hate the most!
They make people believe lies and they suck for that...not even counting the prices on their stupid products...

Back