Ever Since It's Been Through - A new mix for all to hear

I like everything except the electric guitar tone.

Great vocals. Great drum sound.

But that distorted electric guitar is...pathetic. It's all fizz. Like you mic'd a freshly poured soda. Get some balls in that tone.

Songwriting wise: Not much of a hook, melody gets boring pretty quickly after the intro, you don't really go anywhere with it. The melody doesn't match up to the quality of your voice.

Geez, your singer has a good set of pipes. Is that you ? Fuck man, got the Cornell thing happening but smoother.

This all organic ? I mean real or v-drums, real amps or v-amps ?

I think the mix is good, what are you shooting for ? The only I think is that drums could sound a tad less roomy and instead more produced to match the epic style of the song, does that make sense ? The song has big sound potential, but the drums sound very dry and not toeing the line so to speak.

Yeah, you could make the gt's beefier too. Maybe double them and pan 80 and 80

Oh Yeah, very Audioslave, love it!
But the arrangement is very lacking and lacks dynamics, The voice is way up front, the electric guitars are totally harmless, like they were recorded 2 miles away. Voice is beautiful. Come on, do it better, this song and your talent deserve it!

Geez, your singer has a good set of pipes. Is that you ? Fuck man, got the Cornell thing happening but smoother.

This all organic ? I mean real or v-drums, real amps or v-amps ?

I think the mix is good, what are you shooting for ? The only I think is that drums could sound a tad less roomy and instead more produced to match the epic style of the song, does that make sense ? The song has big sound potential, but the drums sound very dry and not toeing the line so to speak.

Yeah, you could make the gt's beefier too. Maybe double them and pan 80 and 80

Thanks guys. No samples. No amp sims. I don't have any. I think he uses one of those little digitech things. That's why all our crap sounds the same. I have always wanted to double guitars. Do I just use an aux send to a tube amp thing and pan them? Dry drums sound good. I was thinking even less reverb.

Thanks guys. No samples. No amp sims. I don't have any. I think he uses one of those little digitech things. That's why all our crap sounds the same. I have always wanted to double guitars. Do I just use an aux send to a tube amp thing and pan them? Dry drums sound good. I was thinking even less reverb.

The guitar player has to play the same part twice, just copying the track and panning L and R will not make a difference. And get the mids in the guitar sound up, otherwise they'll just sound thin and fizzy. You have to sink the voice better in the mix though, the way it sounds right now is as if the voice was in one romm and the rest in another.

Hi Clong....I'm probably the least qualified to comment on the mix, but I figure when people post their work on here they are looking for opinions (including profound observations offered by the experienced & educated..as well as the casual musings of a novice musician like me). The vocals are really good! Lots of personality in that voice. I like the little twists he does, like on the word "mad" in the first line. I think the others are right on with their comments about the fizzy guitar, and the vocals not sitting in just right with the instruments. I agree with CFox about the song having a "big" sound potential, but with the way it is just now, it kinda misses that mark...so I would have been happy if it just stayed more acoustic and allowed me to enjoy that voice without the "fizz".

Be sure to post a new version if you decide to make some changes!! Would love to listen again

Back