Event Tr8??

gkowal

hey guys i don`t see that many people buying those why???, i`ve read a lot of good reviews about them...whats the problem with those?

i got them and i like them ,

butbut, they're pretty new to me, bought them about 4 months ago
and i tweaked my room alot, and the sound always changes

so i'm still getting used to them, and i'm gonna make sure my room gets used to them too :)

i like their sound, they can also handle pretty loud volumes which is fun sometimes,
i heard some people say they '"are not flat reference"' but i don't know,
they ARE better than all the previous hifi speakers i used,
better than the roland and jbl monitors i used (sorry, can't tell which types), and i like them more than the tonnoy reveal monitors

they look nice, just too bad that the volume control is on the back,
would be so easy if it 'd be in front... i just got to get used to the idea MOVE YOUR ARMS once in a while, please :D

if they'd steal my monitors today i might buy new ones later on,
but only because i didn't work with too many decent monitors yet

I have not used this model, but I know the 20/20s and the new precision series quite well and they are both great monitors, especially at the price point, so I would give any Event monitors very serious consideration.

I've got TR8s at home.

I've worked in a few 'pro' studios over the years - one with JBLs (bassy, impossible to mix on - ugh) another with Tannoy Reveals (a bit tinny, also, the slightest movement off-axis completely changes the sound - so you have to mix without moving your head!).

My TR8s are better than those. And much better than my old Sony HI-Fi speakers I had before. Detailed sound, clear bass. Can go very loud without distorting.

Although they're not better than my Questeds I use in my current job...

i'm glad other people are satisfied with them too,

the first thing i noticed about them is that they can get pretty hot,
on the backside, where you can controll the volume

so i unplug the powercables every time i don't use them for a few hours,

do you guys do this, or isn't it necessary at all ?
:rolleyes:

Earworm -

You shouldn't have to regularly adjust the volume using the knobs on the back of the TR8s! Only when first setting them up in your studio. Ideally you should be controlling overall monitoring level using a (stereo) level control knob on your mixer (that tweaks BOTH speakers).

I use a Samson C-control, as my home studio is PC-based and without a mixer. The C-control is dirt cheap and basically gives you a knob for your studio monitoring volume, headphone out, a talkback mic/button (!), the ability to send your stereo mix to various recorders plus switch to different speakers for reference. Crystal-clean feed too.

Check out:

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1650&brandID=2

I know that Mackie are bringing out a similar product, but I'm sure it'll cost about 4 times the price... I picked up my C-control for £80 here in the UK.

Leave those TR8 knobs alone and make your life easier!

:D

Back