Event Studio Precision 8 (ASP8) Monitors ???

kylen

OK - you guys are usually brutally honest - anyone audition or own these ???
I'll tell you what I think in a minute...

If possible (this could be a fun little 5 second game) mention what monitor you upgraded from if you have these, or what you compared them to in a listening room that beat them ... thanx

BTW these are $650 street price each - so $1200 for a pair (if you can't add, hehe) :D

I auditioned them against the Mackie HR824s and they were on a completely higher plane of existence.

Clear and well defined low end, no sub required, and more 3 dimensional sounding front to back in the mix.

The Mackies had a very compact centered sound in the midrange but overall clarity across the spectrum and low end imaging went to the Events. They are on my list for the next great addition in my project studio.

I have them. Had them for a few months now. I love them but that's because I was coming from Alesis Monitor I's Anything will sound good :)

Yeah I saw what you said down in the mp3 clinic HangDawg - these guys are a huge improvement over the Alesis active M1's...

Like Middleman mentioned (great comments !) I passed over Mackie HR824's for these guys - with 8" woofers it's not possible to compare all these but I listened to everything in the Guitar Center like Mackie's, KRK's, MAudio, JBLs, Alesis...

Didn't listen to Genelec, Adams (out of budget), or Dynaudio BM series, I heard the Air series but that's out of budget.

It came down to the Alesis DSP820, JBL 6328P (slightly out of budget) and the Events - so the Event ASP8's followed me home and I'm breaking them in now, I'll run a quick ETF to work out any acoustics issues and I'll be cookin ! With the DAC-1 feeding these guys I've just never heard music sound so detailed in my studio before !

Back