event 20/20's- which are the best fit?

dundy

i'm gearing up to purchase a quality pair of studio monitors. my question is,for those familiar with the 20/20's, if i purchase the 20/20p is it necessary to also purchase the passive satellite for a complete and accurate sound? also, what is the difference between the 20/20p's and the 20/20bas other than the crossover point and the variation in the amps? is the difference worth the extra $300? i will be using these for a home, digital studio eventually to be used for recording local acts and garage bands.
thanks

The 20/20P'2 are a matched set... One speaker contains both poweramps and the passive speaker is included... I just ordered a pair this week... I guess that is what you mean by "satellite".
I don't know about the BAS but the TRIA looked really cool to me but I searched the world over and couldn't find a single person who owned one... so I went with the 20/20P.

I ordered mine from BPM music. They have the 20/20P's for $489 shipping included. THat is the best price I could find on the internet. They should have arrived today... Damn the UPS to eternal bliss in heaven... I waited and waited... Oh well...
I hope they don't need a subwoofer... or I would have gotten the TRIA. The more thought I give it, I don't think monitoring with a subwoofer would be such a great idea untill the day comes when every household has one. I'm doing stuff with a TR-808 kick and I'll let you know how the 20/20P's respond if the damned things ever show up!?!?!?

Back