EV RE27N/D clip?

I just scored a used RE27N/D for $100 last night. But it didn't come with the furnished clip or a shockmount which probably accounts for the nice price. So what I'm gonna do? I got nothing in my clip bag that can hold the sucker. The 309A shockmount sells for more than what I paid for the mic and I don't see the furnished one (part# 81715) sold separately. Any ideas?

I bought a PL20 off of eBay a couple of weeks ago and posted a message on here asking the same question about a clip. No one responded, and in the end I got a $25 universal shockmount off of eBay from the guy that runs shockmount.com. I believe his eBay name was garytheplantman, or something like that. Best of luck.

I just scored a used RE27N/D for $100 last night. But it didn't come with the furnished clip or a shockmount which probably accounts for the nice price. So what I'm gonna do? I got nothing in my clip bag that can hold the sucker. The 309A shockmount sells for more than what I paid for the mic and I don't see the furnished one (part# 81715) sold separately. Any ideas?

great deal on a great mic.

daav

There are some hard rubber mic clips that get a pretty damn tight grip on any thing you shove in them. and they are pretty cheap. you may give that a shot. If the tube off the back is no larger than a xlr plug you may want to see what a clip for a e609 costs. They are rubber and tighter than hell to press on but, the mic is not going anywhere.

Good Luck

F.S.

I bought a PL20 off of eBay a couple of weeks ago and posted a message on here asking the same question about a clip. No one responded, and in the end I got a $25 universal shockmount off of eBay from the guy that runs shockmount.com. I believe his eBay name was garytheplantman, or something like that. Best of luck.

How secure is the mic in that shock mount. From the pictures on the site, it looks like that mic is held only by the tention between the bands. If so, do you think a heavier mic like the RE27 may slip out and fall?

How secure is the mic in that shock mount. From the pictures on the site, it looks like that mic is held only by the tention between the bands. If so, do you think a heavier mic like the RE27 may slip out and fall?

The shockmount has yet to arrive, but when it does I will let you know. There were pictures of the shockmount with an RE20 in it on the guy's site, so that's why I thought I would give it a shot.

The shockmount has yet to arrive, but when it does I will let you know. There were pictures of the shockmount with an RE20 in it on the guy's site, so that's why I thought I would give it a shot.

That does look promising. Please post your findings.

That does look promising. Please post your findings.

Shockmount has arrived. It is very well made and it holds the PL20/RE20 securely. I've only done a cursory test, so I can't vouch for its long term durability, but the construction looks nice and study.

Awesome price on that mic. I got one used for twice that and I thought it was a great deal then.

Mine came with the shockmount only, but not the regular clip. I use the RE27 for kick drum a lot, and the shock mount gets in the way. Believe it or not, one of the newer standard Shure clips (the kind that comes with the SM58) is tight enough to hold that mic. Use it all the time,

Back