Euro Pop: The Tenant

I like that, Lee!
\
Since you just started..

At 0:29....just before the verse, the "Ohhh Ohhh's" stop...and there's a gap....and that's right where the hook...or a hook...in the "OhhOhh' melody should be the strongest...Maybe edit vox parts and construct something to really announce the verse?? It happens through the song...and it's a dead spot...in the worst place. Another option would be to snip the two measures.

At 0:43 there's an example of a repeated dead spot between vocal lines
...a really good spot to put a feature instrument line or device to 'answer' the vocal...and keep the momentum of interest, I reckon.

One other small thing...at 0:02 and 0:09...examples of the bass playing a b7 in the bass...which plays against the opening G....with a very 'major' sound. It fits as the b3 of the next chord, D-, but sounds a little ornery flowing off the G. I think it would sound real slick by playing F# ,the 7th, and the b7, F, in the bass...in the same space occupied by the one F note....a little leading in the bottom to direct the ear. It's the only spot where I thought there might be a harmonic error....but it's not a bad one...and even could qualify as one of those quirky devices. Just it sounds wierd to me for the bass to play that F before the guits get to the D-.

That leaves the panning. The bass and drums sound kinda lonely in the middle. There's room for some meat and pahtaytahs in their company...some midrange stuff to complete their pic and drive the CTR.
Either the Guit R moved close to CTR, or the vocals fanning out from CTR would do it.
Personally I'd like to hear the guit R real close to CTR...it's the driver in the mids. Real important, I think.

It's a good work. Gots lots of melody, time-chug, and some nice changes and vocal ideas. Un-pretentious, and free of 'dig me' projectile vomit. I like that. You should be in the top ten tomorrow....listened about 5 times!

Please post as you go! I learn a lot listening to the evolution....

hi lee its me again:):D i just wanted to say i've had your song in my head all morning too. oooowoooOOOOwooooo ooowOOOOooooooo:):D i was just listening to it with my door open watching icicles off my house melting, then i was thinking i always get to see them dripping but never drop then at the end of your song they dropped! kapoosh! i thought that was cool, great like your song:):D

In the quieter parts the snare seems too loud...but it's better in the chorus.
Love the effects on the vocals. The guitars are a bit dirty for my taste on this kind of tune - but that's just my taste. Pass my kudos to the band please...

thanks for the response guys! I'm still working out the mix as we speak, and I totally agree on some of the level stuff and the guitar stuff.

I'll be working to update the mix!

I like your song Lee,...i've listened to it on a few different occassions, it's catchy.

I'll let others with more experience than myself comment on what it may or may not need.

Class stuff Lee!
This is alternative chart stuff. Great hookline, nice driving rythm and a great performance. No nits from me.

Joey :):):):)

At first I thought this song should have had the lyrics down the middle, but listening again I feel that this song sounds awesome the way it is. I only hope I can come up with ideas like this for production of my own songs. Good job dude. This is an awesome tune!

Trump.

The mix has been very updated :D

But I do wanna stress, I just mixed this! This song was written by an awesome texas band called "The Tenant".

Back