Ethereal Sky Mp3s

mwarkentin

I posted one of the songs a while back (The Confidential Suicide Missions) that my band recorded this summer. Some people expressed interest in hearing more of our stuff.

I've got six of our songs up now at www.sharpspoonmedia.com/etherealsky/

Feel free to download whatever you want. I'll take any feedback I can get. :)

"Angel": Good arrangement. I feel like sometimes the lead vocal gets lost in the mix. The lead vocal gets out of tune alot. I mean alot. I am assuming you are the bass player. You may want to tell Andrew to work on his voice. He has the potential but he needs to work on it harder....my opinion.

Also, did you pan the guitars? I may be wrong but it seems like they're not always panned the same. Maybe harder panning would be better.

Sorry dood, couldn't even finish blood dolls... and that's rare on hr.com for me as I tend to finish everything.

The recording wasn't bad, the snare and cymbals could come up a little more in the mix (just a touch).

The vocals pissed me off. Potential? Perhaps, but they're trying to emulate that Korn, tragic hippie in leather shit I hear grinding away on the radio these days. It's forced, and thus sounds contrived. If you can't find and be your own vocal musings, then you need not step to the mic IMO.

Fire the vocalist, the rest of the band has potential.

Back