ESI U46 XL - opinions

Blueeyedgirl

What do you think about this interface? What are pros and cons? And maybe some other interfaces in similar price. I need interface to record piano, keybord (line recording), violin, acoustic guitar by condenser mic and other mics. Please help, I'd be grateful.

Well if they are both miced vocals you are going to need another interface in order to have more than one microphone preamp.

Thanks for help. Just one more question. Is there an interface in similar price that would let me record 2 vocals at the same time?

Many have two micpres and more just google them up and take a look. Then if you have any questions on anyone or two in particular just come back here and ask. ;)

Or just check back to this thread every so often other people will chime in with what they have had good luck with.

Just want to say that I run the same interface as OP.
And I'm perfectly happy with the results.
I use mainly the line inputs though.
Giving me four inputs from the mixer if needed.
On occasions I might use the high Z input, and only tried the micpreamp once.
Rockstable drivers, and clean signal with my mics.

Ok, thanks for your opinions and advices. So.. I found something little bit more expensive but with two XLR inputs. What do you think about ESI ESP1010E or E-MU Tracker Pre? Are these interfeces good for me?

Ok, thanks for your opinions and advices. So.. I found something little bit more expensive but with two XLR inputs. What do you think about ESI ESP1010E or E-MU Tracker Pre? Are these interfeces good for me?

If you are going to spend that much get a decent interface like the Tascam 1800

Hey!
5 months ago i jused the interface. My experience with the card was that it was a Chep card, and for recording vocals and guitar it was not so good. But for piano, midi og line it was ok.

Now i use Focusrite Saffire pro DSP, and i realy love it! i would recommendend that interface for you :-)

Back