Error msg after processing audio elements

mattdee1

Hi all

I use Cubase LE4, which came bundled with my Presonus Firebox.

I really like the software, but whenever I apply processing to an individual audio element (phase reverse, fade in, fade out, etc.) I get an error message saying "A serious problem has occurred... blah blah blah.. please save your project under another name and restart Cubase LE."

Luckily, the processing actually gets done, but it's a PITA to always have to re-save and restart Cubase every time I want to apply processing.

Anybody else have this problem or know of a fix?

Thanks
Matt

exact same problem

i too suffer from this. i guess it says "report the problem to steinberg if it continues. but i have no idea how to do such a thing. but i bet if we figured that out they would have the answer. btw. i can only process about three selections before i dont think it's actually doing anything anymore, i say this because the peak image does not change if say i try to phase reverse a 4th selection.

Your computer crashes on relative simple VST's.

Probably for some reason or another it cannot handle the workload. This is not a cubase problem, but sounds like a windows or hardware problem.

Did you tweak your computer for recording?

Cheers

Wim

i dont think so...

when i got my computer it was with the simple idea that if i had enough RAM. i would probably be able to the amount of recording i wanted to. but i didn't have it "set-up" or "optimized" for recording purposes. but i would love to know what that entails.

i am running a Dell Inspirion 518 with dual-core ES2000 @ 2.5Ghz, 3 gig RAM. i Know that my system is running WAY too many processes at any given time; about 78, and shows a constant CPU usage of between 4-20%. but i use this computer for everything so i need it all to work in the end but if i could know any thing i could do to make my recordings better i would like to learn.

Back