error 37... has my s/c finally died?

camn

Hi guys. I tried to boot up today, and my S/c came up w/ an error. So I tried to reinstall a few different ways... and all I get is "Code 37"..Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware.

is it alll over for me??

xoxo

Camn buddy, can you provide some information here?

Where do you see the message? Which OS? Is the message from the OS or the driver or what? Which soundcard?

One quick thing you might try is to reseat the card.

Slackmaster 2000

After you reseat, you might want to try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers and see what happens.....Just another idea

OK, but I think I have the solution.

a) I tried reseating, and reinstalling, of course. even older driver versions...but to no avail.

b) Slack... It is a Soundscape/Mackie Mixtreme TDIF card.. and its under XP..(which is about a month new, now)

--the Mixtreme software gives me a "no hardware availiable" error..
-- and I get the Code 37 error in the Device Properties. I also get it when I try to reinstall or install drivers. Either with XP's installer or Mackie's.

-----------------

BTW-- I realize now the problem. I have a friend from Sweden here right now.. she flew in last night.
The problem is she is an ALEIN LIFE FORM.. and has always cast out non-FCC compliant electromagnetic interference. She has killed every car stereo she ever owned, as well as two of my monitors, my phone, a shitload of watches, her TV, and my VCR. Hopefully it will recover. I should have known better than to even turn shit on with her around.
BTW.. I am totally serious about her track record.. It's F-ing bizarre. I keep telling her to get studied, but she wont do it.

xoxo

------------------

Oh, for the UBER geeks who want to try and figure this one out..

ASUS board,
Intel cpu,
2 x Geforce graphics,
Philips auxillary Soundcard
Netline Adapter
IBM Hard discs,
ASUS CD-drives.
800mhz516MB20/40GB

Back