Erase data on FD-8 won't work

kmar

When I try to erase data on each individual program, the instrument(data) remains on the track- what about that?? kmar

You need to tell us what you ARE doing for us to tell you what you SHOULD be doing.

You should push play, push Hold+Store and the IN point, push IN, then push Hold+Store at the OUT point, push OUT. then push stop.
Now push the record select buttons of the track or tracks you want to erase and then push edit. Now use the jog wheel to select erase. Say yes.

I'm trying to erase the entire track. I'm following the manual to the letter (i think):1.Press RECORD TRACK SELECT 2. Press EDIT key until Erase flashes 3. Press EXCECUTE YES key, until Erase SURE? flashes 4. Press EXCECUTE/YES again 5. Press EXIT. When I go to listen back, the data is still there. Thanks kmar

[This message has been edited by kmar (edited 06-27-2000).]

hey...do what those two guys said...lets say you want to erase ALL of track 4 lets say?..ok do this exactly...

1.push stop and the rewind key at the same time.

2.press store.

3.press "in" under preview (auto punch)

4.push stop and the fast forward key at the same time.

5.press "store"..press "out" under preview (auto punch)

6.press "edit"

7. scroll to "erase" and hit "yes"

8.select track 4. hit "yes"

super easy...that will erase the entire track....if you only want to erase part of the track do the same thing except hit the punch in/out keys exactly where you want to erase

Pbass and Philly, thanks- it works. I'll have to check my manual. I don't remember it "reading" like that. (no more for me, please) kmar

[This message has been edited by kmar (edited 07-03-2000).]

Back