Equipment Failures

scorpio01169

Did a recording session demo where halfway though the first song the drummer knocked the snares off. We finished the take cause it was a good one and started the second song when he realized his snares were off...hard to tell with piccolo snare. Would you guys feel obligated to give them a freebee and re-record the first song or it was their failure...not your problem?

Was it your snare or your playing or anything that could be attributed to you personally? Freebies in this case are still a good call, but be sure they realize that you are "giving" them one. And maybe if they have another, you can say, "I gave you the last one, this one's on you." That way still hear they got something for nothing. People really like that...even if they're paying extra.

The metal wires under a snare drum give it the snap and usually have a quick release. You can 'knock off the snares' by releasing the tension.
You'll know the sound as soon as you hear it. No buzz or rattle to it.

OP, you could do sample replacement handy enough. Do you have software that'll do that?

Paul is a genius. Take a sample from pre-snares down and substitute it for all the snares down hits. SSD Trigger can do that in minutes.

Of course you'll still have the 'wrong' snare in your bleed and overheads, but if it was so close in sound that no one realised during recording, I'm guessing you'll get away with it. ;)

Of course you'll still have the 'wrong' snare in your bleed and overheads, but if it was so close in sound that no one realised during recording, I'm guessing you'll get away with it. ;)

If the Trigger output is high enough, the bleeds will just melt into it anyway and may even give a great end result.

Back