EQ on the MR8HD

jalbert said:
Can anyone who has a Fostex MR8HD tell me how you adjust the EQ? I'm thinking of buying one but I don't see any EQ knobs in the pictures I can find.

If it's similar to the VF 16-160 Fostex series, the Eq is controlled by accessing a digital menu and making selections using the pads on the surface of the recorder. In other words, there are no control knobs--it's all digital and menu driven.

dwillis45 said:
If it's similar to the VF 16-160 Fostex series, the Eq is controlled by accessing a digital menu and making selections using the pads on the surface of the recorder. In other words, there are no control knobs--it's all digital and menu driven.

That's what I figured but I printed out the user's manual and I can't find anything in the directions that refers to 'tone', 'hi's/low's', or 'EQ'. Where is it? What is it called? Thanks.

Just thought I'd tell anyone that's interested that there is NO EQ on the MR8HD. I know it seems nuts but I emailed Fostex and asked and this is what they said:

Hi! Thank you for your email.
I am afraid to say that there is no EQ on MR8HD.
You may use an simple external mixer and equalize input signal before it
gets into MR8HD INPUTS.

I can't figure out why they wouldn't include the ability to simply adjust the tone of each track but they don't.

I'm sure they are trying to limit features to bring the recorder in at a low cost. Even if they did provide EQ, it might be limited. On the old VF16, for example, there was a high pass filter that would cut everything below about 400 hz. They had better eq controls for mids and highs but the bottom was a source of frustration for many users.

Back