EQ Magazine - Where to buy?

Aoresteen

Not sure just where to post this question. If I got the wrong forum please move it.

I can't find a copy of EQ magazine. I tried Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Books-A-Million. Anyone know where I can buy a cop? I'm in Orlando, FL.

I sent them an email but no reply just yet.

What's the opinion of EQ magazine? Is it worth buying?

Thanks!

Tony

Eq

/EDIT/Farview's right. That's my critique of Mix Magazine. I'm mistaken about EQ mag. Sorry!
I gave up following magazines anyway, less Tape Op 'cause it's free./EDIT/

Last edited:
EQ Magazine is a thick and glossy publication that is aimed at and caters to the Pro Engineering and Recording industry, while featuring the likes of $50,000 consoles, $3,000 mics and $1M rooms. It's not geared toward the home reccer, nor does it hold any interest for me as a home reccer.

When I used to get EQ occasionally, I'd typically find it flashy but without relevant content,... unless you're recording a live 96 track orchestral score for Disney or something,... but YMMV.:eek:;)
That sounds more like Mix magazine to me. The only time EQ talks about large format consoles is when they interview someone that used one on thier album. This month is Billy Corgan. EQ is also a pretty thin magazine.

Not sure just where to post this question. If I got the wrong forum please move it.

I can't find a copy of EQ magazine. I tried Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Books-A-Million. Anyone know where I can buy a cop? I'm in Orlando, FL.

I sent them an email but no reply just yet.

What's the opinion of EQ magazine? Is it worth buying?

Thanks!

Tony

i can't answer your question, but i can say that "sound on sound" is available at borders and is a better mag than eq. or, you can get a subscription to tapeop for FREE, which is a better mag than both of those anyway.

http://www.tapeop.com/

good luck! :)

I have been able to find EQ at the Barnes & Noble in my area.

Regarding a thought on the Mag. It's not bad. It's mostly aimed at the home recordist or perhaps the semi-pro running a small demo studio (a newbie may be overwelmed by the articles and product reviews). A lot of articles and product reviews have a heavy focus on digital products. Each issue normally has an article on technique (how to record drums, getting good volcas, etc. etc.).

Like most of these types of mags (EQ, Recording, Sound on Sound, etc.) much of the contents may be over the head of novices and often may be too basic for people with experiance - which leaves those people in between. Much of the technique information could be learned at Home Recording.com or other like sites - however the product reviews can be helpful to learn about what gear does what - in particular if one is looking to purchase gear.

I have a subscription and have learned some things over the years - reading EQ has not made me a master engineer - but it has not hurt either.

Back