Epiphone Les Pauls

JoeyNukes

More specifically the 'Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar with Zebra Pickups'. It seems reasonably affordable, more affordable than standard Epi LesPauls, is there a loss in quality (sound, durability, comfort)? And how are they overall? I'm looking for my second guitar to replace my old beaten strat copy.

Oh boy, here it comes...

Firstly, this matter of Epi LPs vs. Gibsons come up here fairly regularly. You might try a search. I'm not sure what search terms would turn up the most results but give it a try.

My opinion is, that if you can pick through a decent selection, you stand a good chance of finding a keeper. The quality seems to be hit and miss. I've noticed as well that the Epi's tend to be within reach of every passer by in the store while the Gibby's sit up high on a wall somewhere. The Epi's have a tougher shot at making it to your studio before being used and abused as a demo.

I've got an Epi LP that I'm very happy with. Not a single problem, no blems, no playability problems...nothing and, as you pointed out...a bargain in comparision. I bought it to play, not ever considering it to become a collector so I got what I was looking for.

Good luck!

I have an Epi Les Paul Custom...so, i wouldnt be able to tell u how the lower end ones are. I know mine is phenominal for the price, and beats my dad's Gibson LP. As the guy above me stated, its all about finding the good one...there can be some bad ones, but i generally think Epi's are good. I'm thinking about getting another actually..either that or a fender tele standard.

Back