Epic masterpeice, check it out

to_see_me

I did this in my bedroom today and it took me like 5 hours. Obviously i've got a lot to learn. Especially about mixing! But it's fun.....this is done on a korg 12 track

http://angelfire.com/music5/to_see_me

Awndrea's song

I talked to her yesterday for the first time in years and she asked me to write her a song like I did when we were kids (teens) in 97 or so. Here ya go Awndrea!

I'd say your doing quite nicely. The drums are up and the guitars and bass aren't all tangled up. The vocals could use some more presence so they cut a little better. Otherwise, this aint bad at all guy. :)

Damn Tok!.....ya' beat me to it! :D
I agree.....this is pretty good.....I like the sounds....decent acoustic......pretty nice drums.......I find the vox cuts thru fine on my speakers...........slide guitar is out of tune during that middle section.
Nice one!

Very musical. I really liked the first bit of singing and the long hanging last word (very cool). The odd sour note hurt the dreamy feel this song had going, but I still really liked it.

Pretty nice song. Lots of intertwined guitars, which worked nice. Liked the "bare" sound of the vocals. Nice harmonies in spots. I thought the section around begining around 3:12 could be a bit tighter. Liked the doubled guitars.

I heard a little clip at :48. Intro was kind of long. Little skip at 2:04.

Sounded like one of those guits had a string or two out of of tune.

Overall sound was nice. Good job for 5 hours.

I think we have a new contest. Write AND record a song in 5 hours.

Fun stuff for 5-hours of effort. Has a nice, raw energy to it.

I'd like it more if everything were a bit more in tune.

BPOCO

cool, thanks for the input guys. I'm pretty stoked on the song, it's so fun to write and record all in one sitting. I'm not sure why the skip is there around 2:04. Something happened on my recorder when i was halfway through the song.

I need how to figure out to mix not so bass heavy. When I play it in the car it cracks up a bit. I guess practice will make better!

I hope Awndrea likes it. I haven't heard from her about it yet....

Back