Enya sound?

MadStrum!

Have been listening to a lot of new age recently... just like to ask how you guys would go about getting an Enya type sound? What effects do i use? Particularly on my vocal...

Thanks.

Pier.

The Enya sound comes from lot's of patients... I think there was a post asking this question over in the Mixing or Recording Techniques section of this BBS last year.. just do a search for Enya.

If I wanted to create the Enya effect firstly I'd block off a year of my time because Enya actually records and sing's everything you hear. Her vocal sound come from layer after layer of her singing. I'm not too sure with the reverb wether it is applied to groups or to the general mix.

That's just a quick guide. But this question is probably more appropriate over in the Recording Techniques forum.

Porter

Layer after layer after layer. . .
Same inflections, same breath stops.
All unison. No harmony.

Until the chorus.

Then you're screwed.

MP

Good Luck, it only takes Nicky and Enya two years to write and record and album...

I have some tricks to produce chorus effects and can come up with my own version of layered vocals, but what you have to look at is that it all starts with the voice of Enya...

Back