envelopes in sonar

Shana

Ok, I've been editing my midi tracks,and running into a few road blocks.

When I reopen a project i dont see the envelopes anymore, even when clicking on "view all envelopes". They're there cuz the mix is still good but i cant see them. Was I supposed to save it a specific way?

I so far only used volume envelopes on one project, and now for some reason the drum track is out of sync with the rest of the song. Can it be i changed the tempo of that particular track by accident?

Thanx
Shana

I had some problems with things getting out of sync, and losing midi beats in Win98. I fixed that by increasing the midi buffer size and such. It's on one of those settings tabs, could be on the global, project, or midi tabs... don't remember.

Don't have those issues in 2000.

The envelope thing: That's weird.

Good luck.

-Jett

When I reopen a project i dont see the envelopes anymore, even when clicking on "view all envelopes". They're there cuz the mix is still good but i cant see them. Was I supposed to save it a specific way?
Sorry, I don't know -- I have not gotten as far as mixing any of my projects for months so I have not had the chance to observe this...

now for some reason the drum track is out of sync with the rest of the song. Can it be i changed the tempo of that particular track by accident?
I believe tempo is a global setting that must affect all tracks... you could have possibly dragged the drum track out of place a bit without realizing it?

Is it a MIDI track or an audio track we're talking about here? If audio, is it looped?

I've run into the same problem on HSXL. I know that the envelopes are there, because when I move my mouse over the envelope area, the cursor changes shape to indicate a drag-option.

I can't see them, but they're there. Really annoying. Perhaps a setting I can change to make them visible, or a bug?

i don't know why your drum tracks slipped.

if you open up the track to the max, you should see the envolopes. if you don't, then right click over the track and select envelopes / show /

you should see your envelope if it exists. if it does not, then right click / envelopes / create / ??? will create the envelope.

there are envelopes for an entire track, and then there are clip envelopes that you can use when you want to change the gain or pan setting for an individual clip of a track.

Once I have a similiar problem when I still use CPA9. I must be that tired doing overnight mixing project, I didn't realize that I had changed color setting in Options - Colors tab accidentaly... then BUFFF... :eek: I couldn't see no envelopes, nor MIDI notes... took couple week for me to realized it... it was stupid, but... hey... things happens... :D

Check tha' point buddy...

Back