ENU 0404 will not work with new iMacs

nrand

EMU 0404 will not work with new iMacs

In advance of buying Logic Pro X I decided to go with the new iMac 27" to run everything on.
Trouble is it will not recognise my EMU 0404 USB because 'Apple no longer supports Power PC applications'.
I did the full migration exercise from the Mac Pro to the iMac and even though the EMU application appears in my folder it shows the 'no go' logo and will not open.
Is there any way around this?
[my old printer suffers the same 'fault'] more faults may yet appear

If I have to spend money [more] what are my current options?
I have all my rack synths running through an emagic amt/8 via USB , and I need at least two good channels of audio. basically the same or better specs than the EMU.
Why do I feel so irritated by this . . . .

Last edited:
Someone over at the gearpage knew of a fix I'll share for future reference.
Re EMU 0404 and iMac
"Have you tried the October 14, 2011 driver download at http://support.creative.com/download...wnloadId=12115?

It's dated 3 months after Apple formally stopped supporting PowerPC applications (July 20, 2011 with the release of Lion) and 2 years after Snow Leopard (which dropped support for PowerPC applications) -- it ought to work.

I sold my 0404 during the 3 month driverless period in 2011, when it became apparent that EMU/Creative was not enthusiastic about supporting Intel Macs. Too bad, it was a nice interface.
"

It is not promoted by Creative but it does work.

EMU 0404 will not work with new iMacs

In advance of buying Logic Pro X I decided to go with the new iMac 27" to run everything on.
Trouble is it will not recognise my EMU 0404 USB because 'Apple no longer supports Power PC applications'.
I did the full migration exercise from the Mac Pro to the iMac and even though the EMU application appears in my folder it shows the 'no go' logo and will not open.
Is there any way around this?
[my old printer suffers the same 'fault'] more faults may yet appear

If I have to spend money [more] what are my current options?
I have all my rack synths running through an emagic amt/8 via USB , and I need at least two good channels of audio. basically the same or better specs than the EMU.
Why do I feel so irritated by this . . . .

When Apple says it is time to move on, they move on. They always have and always will be that way. Removes legacy issues and increases buying new stuff.

Back