Enter the Battle of the Beats HERE!!!

cloudchamber

Okay, I hope no one minds me taking the initiative here, but I'm just going to put this out here and hope everyone is cool with it.

In the last battle of the beats thread, I suggested these rules:

1. We'll set up a thread where everyone who wants to compete can show their interest.
2. Next, someone will have to volunteer to run this thing. I will do it if no-one else has time. I don't think it will take that much effort.
3. Everyone who wants to compete will email the organizer a link to their beat along with a description of the track and the equipment/samples used.
4. The organizer will layout a single elimination style tournament in the form of a word document or something, and post it. He will do his best to match up comparable beats (samples, equipment, etc.), but hopefully no one will bitch too bad about it since he will be doing it for FREE.
5. For every "match," a separate thread will be started consisting of two descriptions, two links, and a poll.
6. Anyone can access the thread, listen to the tracks, and vote. Hopefully no one will cheat.
7. After the first round is finished, the organizer will set up the second round, third round, semi-finals, finals, etc.
8. May the best man win!

I am volunteering to run this competition if everyone thinks that's okay.

TO ENTER: email me at mdneale2002@yahoo.com

please include:
1. A link to your beat.
2. A description of your beat
3. A list of everything you used to make the beat. This would include synths, samplers, drum boxes, software, samples, human beings, live instruments, etc etc.

please write "battle of the beats" in the subject line.

I think one week is a reasonable amount of time to wait for all the producers to get in on this, so I am going to close enrollment at midnight next tuesday (the 2nd of march).

Please take this chance to post any suggestions, comments, or offers to help.

peace

deadline

Well, initially I thought one week would be good...but so far I only have one entry--and its waiting to be approved by mp3.com (and we know how speedy THEY are). Sooo, I'm thinking the dead-line may be extended another week. Say, April 9. But even then its flexible depending on if i receive enough entries to bother.

gotta go

Still only one entry received...with all the producers in this forum I thought more folks would want to be involved in this. Come one peoples, lets get behind this and win bragging rights!

Back