Ensoniq charms

Anthony

8-bit gen. (Volken)
'

Just to highlight a charming Synth accident, a pleasant one ;)

Neither I was looking for it, neither I was calling his name.

Nevertheless, by pure accident a guy offered me Ensoniq SD1
for 30 Euro, roughly , say...less then 40$. (details)

Almost in Perfect shape and beside necessary cleaning of inside/outside areas,SD1 is almost mint, no scratches at all.

Strangely I've learned this guys was not the original owner so present wonderful condition is even more appealing.

I remember well VFX and ASR series and although I found my ways with my beloved Emu gear I could never deny that Ensoniq sound was always on side of digital that sounds less so.

The same case is with SD1, very capable sounds , very...organic in a way but, although it was not perhaps in best functionality of sample editing with ASR series - this display really makes me want to check every option inside. LED-boy is so visible that you can actually read its contents from another room ;)

Just a note to those of you who never had chance to play SD1.
It is obvious that piano samples is result of longer labor and very considered area of his sound arsenal from Ensoniq people, because you would be surprised how capable is this piano, considering the date of this instrument, far more impressive that Japanese competition had offered in those days

Any SD1 owners, or even active ones ?

Back