It's just urbanics ... er Erbonics

Translated, it could mean any of the following:

* Friend
* Amigo
* Mate (if you're British)
* Mi Casa
* Dude
* Bee-otch

Yeah, but if I said it I'd bet people wouldn't take it that way, even if I meant it in jest. You can't tell ethnicity when it's in type. It shouldn't be excused. Why is something so offensive accepted by the very people it was meant to denigrate? I'll have no part in racism, even jokingly!

ROblows said:
Unless maybe BLUE wants to post one explaining why all of their new designs kind-of suck.

The B.L.U.E. consumer line over the last 4 years have been questionable for sure considering some of the re-mods I used to own back in 1997 were amazing but they did cost me between $5000 to $10,000 so I did get what I paid for. Regarding their budget-studio mics (under $1000) I have yet to be thrilled. I have a Blueberry and I like it for certain vocals but that was their first "consumer" mic that was suppose to compete with the U87 but it sounds NOTHING like my U87. It's more akin to a cap mod'd U67 at best (sans tube). I do like B.L.U.E.'s vintage lollipop capsules but only for my Neumann CMV563's and not for their "red line" mics or other B.L.U.E. bottle mics. Yeah, B.L.U.E. is getting lost within the almighty dollar.

Just my opinion,
-- Adam Lazlo

PhilGood said:
Yeah, but if I said it I'd bet people wouldn't take it that way, even if I meant it in jest. You can't tell ethnicity when it's in type. It shouldn't be excused. Why is something so offensive accepted by the very people it was meant to denigrate? I'll have no part in racism, even jokingly!

yeah i wouldn't mind playing by those rules too

shut cho mouth cracker

i bet no one thinks anything bad of that....******s have trained crackers into being ok with being insulted by their race ...as if we're the ones that had slaves . black peoples are the racists these days. watch an african american comedian on tv....every single joke is whitey this or cracker that. the whiteys are even laughing at them. if we said ******s cant swim, or blacky cant do this, we'd get bitched at as much as possible. nothing against 'black' people, but they need to get over this damn racism thing. :)

whoa the word nigg-er even gets blocked out...amazing. but cracker is ok.

i bet if a ****** said the word ****** then it wouldnt get blocked out, because its cool for them to say it

riznich said:
shut cho mouth cracker

i bet no one thinks anything bad of that....******s have trained crackers into being ok with being insulted by their race ...as if we're the ones that had slaves . black peoples are the racists these days. watch an african american comedian on tv....every single joke is whitey this or cracker that. the whiteys are even laughing at them. if we said ******s cant swim, or blacky cant do this, we'd get bitched at as much as possible. nothing against 'black' people, but they need to get over this damn racism thing. :)

i also hear that

first off its not like the people of today own or ever owned slaves

second off no african americans that were slaves are still alive .... so modern day african americans are pissed off about something that didnt even happen to them

we should all live together and get along !!!

Slaves

Our great-grandparents had slaves. Everything was still segregated until around 1960, so many of our parents (USA) grew up when it was OK to call down blacks etc.

Let's give it a generation or two, the wound is still a little fresh.

I agree that ANYONE can be racist. I've been the victim of racism from people of ALL colors and styles. There's always gonna be ignorant s$%t between narrow-minded people who are really afraid of people who don't look/act exactly like themselves.

As for BLUE mics, I love mine. Of course I resurrect other people's dead throwaways most of the time, as was the case with my Baby Bottle. Of course one can't complain about a Baby Bottle for $150 total and about ten minutes worth of work - - -

Reactions: Dot
This crap needs to be diverted to the Dragon Cave. The mic forum is no place for this! We talk about mics here!

oooooh look at the pile of shit i just stepped in....let me take off my timberlands and slip into some birkenstocks...brb

PhilGood said:

the idea (created by who i dont know) is to take the word and use it as empowerment..the same way that two gay people will call each other a fag and then have a dance off. The same way two women can call each other a bitch but as soon as you call one of them a bitch, they'll all jump you. thats why nigga or its more proper name can be used as either befriending or hate speech in the circles that are most affected

riznich said:
shut cho mouth cracker

Cracker = slang term for white people. originated by white people cracking whips.

does being called a cracker offend you? my experience has been that most people brush it off.....blondes get more offended by being called a dumb blonde than they do being called a cracker. as for black comedians....not every single joke is about white people....they talk about themselves and their neighborhoods too. and besides, how long was black face comedy accepted? and if you think black people hate you....learn how to speak spanish and you'll find out that they dont like blacks or whites too much. Or how about going to one of the indian reservations and talking to them...betcha they dont like white people that much either....and we arent even going to start on Arabs.

So am I a racist if I say I hate BLUE mics just because of their color????

sorry, just trying to lighten it up...The racial part of this thread probably should be in another section, but a few good points have been made. Racism can come from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back