Endless Vacation (Rock Instrumental)

240v

Super Perfectionist
Hey guys,

Made this a couple of days back! Please give me your thoughts :)

Thank you! :D

Also, in your opinion, what genre is this song? Thank you

Try get a more realistic drum sound, I think that bringing down the bass a lot, and then having drums with real depth to them will help a great deal. Also the lead guitar sound a little too whiny for my taste. Try recording a second guitar behind that exactly the same, but with the top pickup or with a different eq to bring out some more of the mids. Thats just my personal preference though. I really like the song though. Also, the actual drum beat sounds a little too much or like a electronic song at points, I would expect the drums to be more in the "rock" Rudiments style. Keep it up, I am a guitarist so I love songs like this

Thanks guys.

TheAquired, the song was intended to be an electro rock fusion. Thanks for your feedback :) I'll give that a try

I like it! Find a real drummer though. That's important. I can see this tune in a scene from a movie. Very cool.

The bass is too loud and the drums are sitting between drum machine and real drums. I'd make them sound more electronic if I were you. Distort them, have them repeat the same beat and slap a big reverb on the snare. The guitars also sound thin. For the clean part it's fine, but the lead sounds too weak. It's need to be beefed up, delayed, etc.

Guitar that comes in at 1.14 needs to be a bit louder, or maybe the panned guitars need to come down a bit then, but the dynamic relationship's not right - it's sitting way back in the mix and they're out front. It would be good to have more weight to that center guitar as well - mess with parallel compression, delay, doubling? What chandler says about the drums too.

Thank you very much! I'll play around with it. What genre would you guys call it?

Back