Emulated?

reshp1

After trying to install my tascam US2400 control surface, all of my MIDI outputs are now shown as "[Emulated]" I'm guessing this is a driver issue. Now none of the outputs work and I can't seem to get them back to normal even after uninstalling the US2400, which never worked properly either. :mad:
Any ideas? I'm about to the point of doing a fresh install of windows, which would suck hard.
EDIT: I'm using XP with service pack2, DAW is protools LE v7

Well assuming the "emulated" means in PT the same thing it does in cubase, then it means that u are using a driver that is not directly compatable with PT so it is emulating via windows driver. It should work either way

altitude909 said:
Well assuming the "emulated" means in PT the same thing it does in cubase, then it means that u are using a driver that is not directly compatable with PT so it is emulating via windows driver. It should work either way

I did see something like that when I googled emulated. But the thing is, after installing the US2400, ALL of the MIDI outs are now shown as emulated, including the ones on my Digidesign hardware. Is there a global setting in Windows or something that I can ask it not to emulate anything and just use the driver I assign to the device?

Back