Emu 1820 Not Working!!

P Stew

its on....but no sound is coming out my monitors or headphones...on patchmix its looks like the music is playin...but it aint

Checked your windows basic mixer Record and Playback?
You checked your Patchmix Mute?

One major positive for me was selecting the Patchmix Folder icon at the top right-ish side.
Then select Default MultiTracker. It set everything up as a MultiTrack station.

Its been a flawless unit for me...er..once it was running.

i had to un install all my drivers an re install everything again than this problem occured once again..the lights are off on the Emu....??? this is really frustrating...everythings plugged in

great...congrats.

EMU Dock, Card & Patchmix is one system...

the Windows, and windows sound mixer and your monitors another system...

the 3rd system to integrate...your Recording Software!

here is a link, the key I was told was to download all of the drivers for the 1820/1820M.
http://www.emu.com/support/files/download2.asp?Centric=760&Platform=1
all of them in sequence..this will help with the EMU and Dock.

also there are some great help for this system in productionforums.

The only light on should be the LCK 44.1, or thats all thats on mine. usually the problem is all the lights are stuck on.

the download goes quickly, but again do all the downloads from the earlier to the latest.

like a software enima? :p

an my LCK light isnt on...

my EXT one is an my 44.1

could that be the problem?

an how do i change it if it is?

Sounds a bit more like a configuration. It was a challenge to say the least getting mine online. But once it was setup the first time, never had a problem since.
Your getting lights so it appears you have the connections made.

Did you try going to Patchmix and selecting the New Session at the upper right side of Patchmix. Then select Default 44.1 Multitrack.

Also there's a forum with better info.

http://www.productionforums.com/index.php?f=52

I was just reading around, you may want to select the Session settings tab following the above New Session....verify your clock is set to Internal and not EXT.
(its the upper right O icon).

Last edited:
Yeah, try the default session as stated above.

But, above all...don't panic!
PatchMix is great once you get a handle on it.

Before you went and reinstalled drivers, etc...(updated drivers I hope) I would have suggested you check the output settings (OUT) and see if the headphone and monitor outs were enabled.
(Dock out 1,2,3 or 4 and Dock Headphone)

Once you get up and running, you may want a cleaner skin for PatchMix. I use one called "Lt Blue" that is much easier to focus on...better fonts and such.

Back