Emergency help needed from MXLV69M owners

Whoopysnorp

OK, the tube in my V69 was bad, and my replacement just arrived today. However, in the course of changing it, I managed to break the blue wire off of the tube socket, and now I don't know where to reattach it. It looks like it attaches to the pin between where the yellow and orange wires are attached (second pin counting clockwise from the gap). Can anybody confirm this before I resolder it and possibly fry something?

Never mind, I got it sorted out. The wire went where I thought it did, though I broke another wire in the process of figuring it out. New tube sounds great and I hope that's the last time I have to change it in a long while.

Never mind, I got it sorted out. The wire went where I thought it did, though I broke another wire in the process of figuring it out. New tube sounds great and I hope that's the last time I have to change it in a long while.

Jeez, they must use some ridiculously thin wires....

Jeez, they must use some ridiculously thin wires....

It's not so much that as it is that it's very difficult to gain access to the tube socket, and you kind of have to jerk some things out of where they go. In the course of doing that it's easy to pull something apart.

Back