Email from Kennis music, offering me money!!

dogbiscuit

I recieved an email yesterday from an african record company, Kennis music. They claim that Star Mega Jam found me while showcasing kennis artists, and that they would like to sign me up for promotion in africa.
I quote: 'Star Mega Jam ask us to let you know about this so that you can give them the right to use any of your materials for promotional, review, broadcasting and other purposes. Star Mega Jam also want to be your marketer and Distributor in Africa. They have offered to pay you the sum of $30,000 for this and as your Agent, we need to know your interest in this'.

Firstly, as far as I'm aware, I do not have a profile with Kennis music. And secondly, Kennis music are not my agent, but they are claiming to be.
It looks suspicous, but the Kennis music website looks genuine enough. And if it's a scam then why are they offering to PAY me $30,000, by cheque!?!

I say SCAM also..... buuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttt........................

I'd tell them, to send the check to you, and wait for it to clear in your bank account, then you sign paperwork... other than that, they can piss off. That's awesome if they're legit and want to give you money for something you've already done, but I doubt it. Tell them to send the money on over.

I say SCAM also..... buuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttt........................

I'd tell them, to send the check to you, and wait for it to clear in your bank account, then you sign paperwork... other than that, they can piss off. That's awesome if they're legit and want to give you money for something you've already done, but I doubt it. Tell them to send the money on over.
Well I emailled them back asking if this was for real and saying that I don't even have a profile with them. They replied straight away saying that they had came across my profile on the net and since they were impressed, they submitted it to Star Mega Jam and they are interested in me. They want me to send them my name, address, etc so that they can get the cheque to me!!
My head says it must be a scam, but my heart says 'Please be true!!' Their site looks genuine. http://www.kennisradio.com/

Tell you what I'll do. Send me your name, address, social security number and bank account info and I'll take care of the details for you (can you say "phishing"?)

Man that site is cheap and hasn't been updated in forever
They have no pictures of any of their big names actually being with them. There is no way they are legit.

Man that site is cheap and hasn't been updated in forever
They have no pictures of any of their big names actually being with them. There is no way they are legit.
It was updated 3 days ago. They have a press release on their main page dated wed 18th July 07. I know what you mean though, it doesn't look as professional as you would expect. I've googled them and they do have quite a web-presence. It says on wikipedia that they have been around since early 90's.

I recieved an email yesterday from an african record company, Kennis music. They claim that Star Mega Jam found me while showcasing kennis artists, and that they would like to sign me up for promotion in africa.
I quote: 'Star Mega Jam ask us to let you know about this so that you can give them the right to use any of your materials for promotional, review, broadcasting and other purposes. Star Mega Jam also want to be your marketer and Distributor in Africa. They have offered to pay you the sum of $30,000 for this and as your Agent, we need to know your interest in this'.

Firstly, as far as I'm aware, I do not have a profile with Kennis music. And secondly, Kennis music are not my agent, but they are claiming to be.
It looks suspicous, but the Kennis music website looks genuine enough. And if it's a scam then why are they offering to PAY me $30,000, by cheque!?!

As steve.h said, it's most likely a scam. They'll offer to pay you $30K, but in doing so, they'll clean your bank account out, because there will be "fee" after "fee" after "fee".

Sounds a lot like the Nigerian 419 Scam.

Holy crap, you can hear me!? Oh thank god, I thought I was a ghost!! You know, where you can yell at people and throw stuff at 'em, but they can't hear you?

Like we do with television sometimes??;):D

"No!! Don't do that!! You idiot!!" (knowing they can't hear us).

shame

its so easy to be dragged in by these conmen,

Aint no man or woman in the world gonna offer you 30k on the strenght of a web site.

Think about it or you will get burned:eek:

Back