electronic drums recording

bigtee

Heyall, new to the forums so hope in some ways i can help..but still learning myself in alot of areas. so question..i just bought a set of yamaha dtxplorer drums..right now my gear for recording consists of a tascam 1641 multitrack interface, dell 2gb pc and emachines 2gb amd(backup machine) both with cubase le4...is there a way to record separate tracks from the dtxplorer in to the 1641..ie:snare on trk 1 kick on 2...etc: by using the sets in the drum module?..i thought i could do it with midi but im not too "handy" with that as far as setup inside cubase goes..thanks for any help or advice..t

hey, i have the same problem with my roland, but as far as i know midi is the only way to go, unless you have a different output on your modual for each pad. sorry to bare the bad news, hopefully someone will correct me :)

yeah you can

record the drum beat then while listening on head phones play along one drum at a time for each track record 1 track 1drum at a time:eek: Oh and then delete the main beat

MIDI doesn't carry any audio data. So, while you can (and I recommend you do) sequence with MIDI, at some point, you're gonna have to get the audio outputs of your drum module into Cubase. I recommend you read the manual for your drums to see how connections are made.

outputs on the brain are just midi out and mono or stereo out..right now i have both midi and stereo plugs out of brain into the tascam..i have tweaked all the drums in the brain...(tuning, eq, curve, velocity,etc:) so i do have a decent mix coming right from the module into cubase on stereo track..just want to have a little more control over the kick and snare...the one drum at a time thing..i tried..i guess im just going to have to get ezdrummer or similar...thanks for all the replies!

Back