Electronic Drums: Dirty 'em Up!?

swindle

Can anyone recomend a good unit that can really give electronic drums a good gritty analogue dirtiness? My sampled drums are fine but the methods I've been using to try to 'naturalize' me drum machine/computer drums (prduced in propellerhead's reason) are still leaving the drums a little to clean and contrived. I heard about this one rack unit but I can't sem to remember the name. It had a silver face and took one rack space. I remember it being called something that sounded like an 'analogue San Zan' or something like that. It sounded like it would do a nice job. Any help in remembering the name of this piece or any other that you may recommend would be much appreciated.

Or maybe try micing your monitors and record a stereo track of the kit and blend it in with the original...

You might be thinking of the Sansamp PSA-1. It's a rackmount amp simulator. (simulating a guitar amplifier) I use it on drum samples, keyboards, and guitar. It's a very cool processer. It's more expensive than most amp modelers, it's about $500 new, but I've seen them on EBAY for less. I will never sell mine, it's invaluable. Check it out at www.tech21nyc.com

Back