electronic demo for a great duo!

carlosguardia

Hey guys!
So this great costarican electronic duo "santos & zurdo" come tu my studio because the need to track a demo to send to El Salvador and Panama with a couple of their new tracks.
Zurdo sings and does all the midi stuff and Santos plays the guitar and the sitar (I'll have some more stuff soon from him as he's doing some other stuff with me in the studio with the sitar and he's an AMAZING sitar player!!!!)... anywayz, they come and track two songs. One of them has some vocals the other doesn't. All they're interested in is to lay down demos. Nothing too elaborate, not too much mixing etc... they come in for a couple hours, we drink a few beers and they're done.

I really want them to record their second album with me so I want to give them a good impression of the studio and my recording/mixing skills...

...so here's the first track we did... I played around with it a bit, drank a couple more brews, listened to it again and for the first time in a while it sounded "weird" to me... I can only describe the feeling as saturated, undefined, unclear... I don't know, it sounds muddy but this has not happened to me before AND I AM MIXING IN A DIFFERENT SETTING (same room but the monitors and furniture has been moved around)....

so here comes the obvious Q....
what about this mix dudes?????

http://www.myspace.com/carlosguardia

track is "open book" and I HATE the compression of mp3 and even more of myspace... but oh well...

Thanx!!!

Back