Electro-Voice N/D767a

Muzzaman

My singer is buying this mic.

My question is, as I'm going to be recording his vocals would this mic be up to the job?

Thanks, Muzza

For a live microphone, it's one of the best! You should be able to capture your vocalist well with this dynamic microphone during recording sessions.

I have a couple of others, I'll need to look at they're model no's I have 2 Shures and a BeyerDynamic i'll find out what specific ones they are when home!

Many Thanks, Muzza

Well it's a dynamic hypercardioid hand held microphone.
I was looking to see if you had any large diaphragm condenser microphones as a different choice.

Nope unfortunately at this stage I don't have a condenser Mic. I've just shelled out a lot of money for a custom built guitar so not much spare cash floating about at the moment hence why I'm trying to make do with the equipment I have :(

Cheers, Muzza

Then you should be fine with either one of your microphones, just A/B them to find the best one for your application.
When you get a few extra $ take a look at the MXL V67g for about $80. you get a starter LDC microphone that has a big bang for the buck quality. ;)

For a live microphone, it's one of the best! You should be able to capture your vocalist well with this dynamic microphone during recording sessions.
and a ditto from me.

moresound and I are 767a pushers. It's gotten us thru hard times!

:D

Then you should be fine with either one of your microphones, just A/B them to find the best one for your application.
When you get a few extra $ take a look at the MXL V67g for about $80. you get a starter LDC microphone that has a big bang for the buck quality. ;)

and another ditto.
First ..... there are times when recording that I choose to use the 767a even though I have other mics. It would do fine enough to be an acceptable main mic.

But it's really nice to have a LDC available and to me, the best bang for the buck mic is that MXL V67g. A pretty smooth sounding mic for a cheapo LDC.

and a ditto from me.

moresound and I are 767a pushers. It's gotten us thru hard times!

:D
and another ditto.
First ..... there are times when recording that I choose to use the 767a even though I have other mics. It would do fine enough to be an acceptable main mic.

But it's really nice to have a LDC available and to me, the best bang for the buck mic is that MXL V67g. A pretty smooth sounding mic for a cheapo LDC.

Lt.Do you think we can get a job over at EV yet? :D

And I'll third that the 767a is a fine mic. It will run circles around the SM58 for live gigs and it records fairly well on male vocals. (If he buys one, make sure it has the lower case "a" in the model number. That represents a major revision over the older N/D767.)

Also, the V67g has always gotten great reviews all around.

Back