Electrionics and so on.

Blink 182

My band has a synth player and our music is fairly synth based, but his commitment is dreadful and we are having trouble replacing him. I had the idea today that we could use samples instead of his live synth playing. I'm totally new to electronics so I'm not entirely sure what I would need and if this is possible at all, so any help would be great.

I've done a little research, and found this > http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=66781

From what I see, this triggers samples quite easily. I know that you can sample wave sound easily from it, but would it be possible to sample MIDI parts that I have on my computer? I know there is a MIDI out and in, I'm just not sure how the process works and if it is possible to simply transfer my MIDI samples to the module.

Also, is there such thing as a tap tempo for this type of thing, and does this machine have one? As in, I would tap a pad and the sample would stay in time to the pulse, for use for longer samples. If not is there any type of module that would?

I understand these are probably very basic questions, so I apologise.

Back