Electric Guitar Suggestions

Sweetwater does a pretty good setup. One thing about the PRS guitars, even the SE series, is that they are - per Paul himself - made to be ready to rock and roll right out of the box. Might not even need to do much to it.

Hum, leaning heavy towards this.

My only problem with the PRS SE's is that there are only a few certain models that don't have the damn birds. I hate those birds.

Yea, and I still look at my fingers when I play, so I need to take that into consideration. :thumbs up:

I tried a PRS Soapbar II a few years ago and really liked it. It was well set up and a joy to play. Cheap too!

Also, unlike you, I almost refuse to buy new (I want something that's stood the test of time and the break-in period, plus I want something with some mojo) and all I care about is how it plays. I just assume I'll be swapping out the pickups, and I figure I won't know if it stays in tune for a while anyway. Although a good quality, well-cut nut is important, but that goes back to the playability part.

I'm not a opposed to used, but since I really don't keep up with guitars, I wouldn't really know what to go after. Chasing down used on Craig's list is really a lot of work unless you can narrow it down. That is one of those things where, people who know can pick up great deals.

And as far as the swappnig pickups thnig, you're looking for something that is a more general-purpose, swiss army knife LP. I'm always looking for a specific 'sound' out of whatever guitar I get, different sounds for different guitars, so this rule of mine wouldn't apply to you.

---------- Update ----------

Do you have a guitar store near you?

Maybe this afternoon I may go and try out PRS and the Epi's to get a feel and sound check. My hands are rather sore (see first post) so not sure how well I can gauge right now. But I can at least get an idea.

I keep checking the thread as I have already gotten some really good suggestions.

And as far as the swappnig pickups thnig, you're looking for something that is a more general-purpose, swiss army knife LP. I'm always looking for a specific 'sound' out of whatever guitar I get, different sounds for different guitars, so this rule of mine wouldn't apply to you.

Do you have a guitar store near you?

You type too fast ;) Yea see above.

If so, go play a bunch, so you at least know what you like, body and neck-wise, then look at the used stuff. I always find my used guitars in the stores anyway, because I gotta play them. That's how I get drawn to them in the first place, unless something just looks spectacular. Or in my case, odd or offbeat, yet cool.

I'm not a opposed to used, but since I really don't keep up with guitars, I wouldn't really know what to go after. Chasing down used on Craig's list is really a lot of work unless you can narrow it down. That is one of those things where, people who know can pick up great deals.

DM60, are you in the UK. If so, I have the perfect guitar for you. a 1979 Washburn Hawk.

Maybe this afternoon I may go and try out PRS and the Epi's to get a feel and sound check. My hands are rather sore (see first post) so not sure how well I can gauge right now. But I can at least get an idea.

I keep checking the thread as I have already gotten some really good suggestions.

You type too fast ;) Yea see above.

OK, see it. Yeah, some GCs are bigger than others, so the selection may be iffy where you are.

I looked that up. Looks nice. Not a big fan of double cuts (based solely on looks), but that neck heel looks sweet.

Don't get any ideas, JDOD!

The neck-through is a lovely to play. Does DM60's daughter want to buy a guitar?

Are you trying to get rid of the Washburn, too? I thought the Ibanez was the only one on the chopping block...
Yeah, both of them might be going. Hopefully both of them are staying. Seems pointless getting rid of the Washburn now as in 10 years it might be geninuely old, rare and worth a few quid!

Back