effects question

stevey j

when applying reverb etc to tracks how can i make it so the particular effect is panned to the left or right? whenever i apply reverb to a track it just centers the reverb with the track. i'm using adobe audition.

Not sure, depends on the reverb effect your'e using.

One way to do it is to duplicate the track so then you have 2 tracks of the same thing. Put the reverb on one of them and pan it hard right/left, whatever you want. And set the wet/dry mix in the reverb plugin. Probably wet: 100% and then dry to maybe 0, or whatever you want.

Then adjust the volume of the tracks to what sounds best.

i've just been using the stock adobe audition plugins and other freebees like ambience/glaceverb/and classic. and that's what i've been trying actually is making one track dry and reverbing a copy and panning it but then there is 2 vocal tracks and it crowds a lot of space sometimes. i dont think you can turn the dry to 0% in classic or some of the stock adobe audition plugins...does anyone know how to with these? although i just tried it with glaceverb and that method worked with that one. i wish you could just pan the effect instead of having to duplicate each track though.

There might be a way without duplicating the tracks but I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure about the wet/dry with the built in FX. You can turn on FX automation (at least in 1.5) for the track and then use envelopes to change wet/dry %. They work just like volume or pan envelopes.

I think that only works for some of the Audition plugins.

Back