Editing Words Out of Music

ESP85

How do I edit words out of music completely? I tried the channel mixer thing but it doesn't work all the time. I am editing out bad words for the music for my internet radio station.

ESP85

Unfortunatley this may not be possible. Im assuming you are using the Vocal Cut preset in CEP chanel mixer. This preset works by adjusting the pan on the source file. The vocal cut works better on some songs than on others, depending on how they were originally mixed.

If a song was orginally recorded and panned with lead vocals dead center, this preset usually works well. Backround vocals are usually panned left and right, and will not be removed by CEP. Ive also had the problem with vocals that had a lot of reverb were hard to eliminate 100 % because of their postion in the mix.

So you may not be able to 100 % of the vocals on every song using CEP. If you find a way to do this let me know....as far as I know it is not possible.

Heat

>I am editing out bad words for the music for my internet radio station.

If the word appears during one chord of the song, then if you can find that chord elsewhere in the song w/o any vocal this just might work: select a brief section of the chord sans vocal and use that as a noise reduction profile. Close noise reduction (don't cancel), select your curse word and reapply noise reduction to it, but using "keep only noise". If the two chords have a similar enough harmonic character, CE should do a pretty good job at stripping out the vocal, or at least reducing it greatly. If that doesn't work you might try just copying the chord sans vocal and replacing the profanity w/ it, but you really have to get in there and make sure your samples all match up, but it can be done..

Back