Editing Software?

sajs

I am looking to purchase an Editing Software program. I currently track on a Korg D3200 and would like to transfer those files into a program on my computer. There are so many choices on the market, it's hard to choose. I would like to hear from users of these programs and to hear what you like about the one you own. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. It seems that every week there is some sort of update that Reaper puts out. I am not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing, but is it bugs or just another update?

For a good FREE program, look at Audacity. Found on SourceForge's site. Or google it.
There are 2 versions; Stable and Beta. I use both with no problems running on WinXP, WinVista and Linux.
Quite impressive for the "money".

Thanks for the reply. It seems that every week there is some sort of update that Reaper puts out. I am not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing, but is it bugs or just another update?

Justin is constantly adding new features.

The program has come a very long way in a very short period of time to the point where its on par with commercial programs costing 10 times as much.

Its free to try and works the same as all the other ones so what have you got to lose???

As far as editing goes, I think Samplitude would be a program to look at seriously. The object editing mode is awesome. Download the demo and try it. I've used Cubase and Nuendo before and I know they don't have the capabilities for editing that Samplitude has. Never used Reaper or anything else so I can't speak for that.

Soundforge from Sony

I have been using Soundforge for years...
I also have Samplitude (use that to mix multitracks), WaveLab, Cubase, etc.
All of these are good and I want to be able to use my VST plugins since I have a Universal Audio UAD-1 card fully loaded.

I think it boils down to picking one and learning how to use it more than the checkboxes of features. Make sure it does what you are looking to do.

For me, I need to be able to use the VST plugins, EQ, and edit out annoying clapping or other extraneous noises with a pencil tool, then I need to resample and change the bit-depth.

Most expensive programs allow you to demo them first.

I've downloaded a trial of Adobe Audition 3. So far it's working out pretty good. My Korg D3200 allows you to mix and master as well. It's just a little difficult to do on that small touch screen.

I do all of my Recordings in Traction but when it comes to editing and even mastering I have been useing Sony Vegas Video...I know it is meant for Video but it also has very extensive audio editing capibilities and supports VST ,DX and other Plugins ,I find it much more intuitive and easier to use than Sound Forge.....

Cheers

I'm currently using Wavosaur :-

www.wavosaur.com

I find this is a great free editor similar to audacity but you can load your own VST fx into it which makes it excellent for mastering aswell!!

Back