Editing beat vid...feedback plz

stray411

Finally got a DV cam and I'm in the process of editing my first vid. If possible, I wanted to get some feedback on the first part before I spend too much time on the next sections.

The angle I used isn't great, but it's the best I could find that showed what I was doing on the keys and on the screen. Let me know what you think on that.

Let me know if the titling stays up long enough and if it's legible enough...that's the best color I found, but I know it's not great.

What do you think of this method instead of verbally explaining things? I thought talking would add too much time and I'd probably leave out a bunch of stuff.

Lastly, the entire vid (not including arranging and mixing...haven't done those yet) is about 30 minutes total. I could edit out where I'm just playing the keys and cut a lot of time out, but I thought it would be good to show the whole creative process. What do you think would be better?

Sorry for all the ques, but I'm a real newbie at this.

BTW, the mix at the beginning is not a finished version...just to where I finished with the video so far. I plan to film arranging/mixing tomorrow and I'll replace this with that mix.

Here it is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZOoDtRAQG0

hummm...got this message when tried to view
This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.

Thanks fellas...that's what happens when you stay up all night and upload at 4:00 AM...lol It's fixed now.

Also, I just watched it on there and realized the text is messed up in places. That's not a big problem. I'll just have to render at better quality next time.

Watched it.. Thanks

Cool!!!!! Some of the text pauses are a lil too short for my slow eyes.. lol .. Other than that.. Awesome... Gonna have to watch it a few times to pick up those things about your keyboard... Tight work..

Thanks again

thata tight work..one day i will learn to play some damn keys...LOL(dont have anything to play on )...good work..

Thanks fellas...I'll take a look at making the text stay on the screen longer. The text being jagged in spots probably doesn't help though.

What do you think of the angle though? Would looking at that for 30 minutes get boring? Cause I could edit it and make it shorter.

stray411 said:
Thanks fellas...I'll take a look at making the text stay on the screen longer. The text being jagged in spots probably doesn't help though.

What do you think of the angle though? Would looking at that for 30 minutes get boring? Cause I could edit it and make it shorter.

Cool.. I'm thinking it would be cool to see more of the screen action...

Great video, Props for making it. Learned a lot. Looking foreward to seeing more from ya :D.

Is there any way to download this?

I'll have a download link in the new thread.

I did a quick edit on another beat session and uploaded it...if you want to check that out. It's a sample based beat...but I do some composing too. It's a 62 MB Zip file...inside there are 3 WMV files. This one also captures the whole process (except for grabbing the samples)...run time is about 33 minutes.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16022930/PerpetualBeatVid_1.zip.html

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I'm uploading right now, I'll make a new thready when I'm done.

Back