editing audio

atw23

im attempting to compose songs by myself without a band using my mr8 and magix music studio to cut and paste my audio files beacause i can only play one instrement at a time and ill have to layer my tracks one by one , im sure there are better programs for this but i already laid down the cash for magix studio 7 so im stuck with it.

im pretty inexperianced with computer editing and id like to hear your ideas or advice on doing this. im just trying to experiment with cutting and pasting my music so i can try all my different ideas and getting them to flow together without any noticable glitches in the audio... thanks :)

You may want to do most of your mixing/sequencing on the MR8 before moving it to PC. Lay down six or eight tracks there and move them over individually as wav files.

While you've invested in Magix, if that's not working out, you may consider downloading N-Track from fasoft.com It's very cheap and many here think it's excellent, plus theres a whole forum on this site dedicated to it.

Don't know much about Majix, but with N-track you can splice and dice and put it all back together again. Just learned how to do this recently. If you've got $40 laying around get n-track.

Back