Editing a section

newbieatthis

I was wondering how do I edit just a section of the track? There's parts of the track where the volumn is extra loud and I just want to turn that section down how would I do that??? Also I would like to know how to turn down chorus vocals....the background vocalist sound really terrible ...how can i turn them down to the minimum??

Thanks,

how do I edit just a section of the track?

Click on one end of the section, and drag the highlight to the other end (this is pretty sophisticated stuff, like what you find in Microsoft Word). That's your selection, and do your worst with it.

newbieatthis said:
I was wondering how do I edit just a section of the track? There's parts of the track where the volumn is extra loud and I just want to turn that section down how would I do that??? Also I would like to know how to turn down chorus vocals....the background vocalist sound really terrible ...how can i turn them down to the minimum??

Thanks,

Editing a track is really easy. If you're in Multitrack view, double click on the track you want to edit. The track you selected will pop up in the Edit view. Scan through the track to find what part you want to change. Once you find it, highlight it by clicking and holding at one end of the offending part and dragging to the other end of the offending part. Then, scan through the effects and see what suits you most. If you want to adjust the volume of something, I'd recommend using the normalize effect. It can be found here: Effects>Amplitude>Normalize

If it's a vocal track your wanting to change, I would suggest a compressor. Since you are a n00b, I think you'll find that the Classic Soft Knee effect will work wonders for you. You can find it here: Effects>Amplitude>Dynamics Processing>Classic Soft Knee

Remember... If you're using a compressor on a vocal track, it is a good idea to use it on the whole track and not just a piece. Otherwise, you may get some undesired results.

About your bassist vocals... There are quite a few things you can do.

1. Just tell him not to sing.
2. Cut him out and tell him he's in there anyway. (He probably won't notice)
3. Boost up his vocals and show him how awful he sounds.
4. Take his part out and sing it yourself and tell him that it's him.

Wait... You better not do that last one. He might think that's really what he sounds like and he'll just get worse.

Hope that helps!

Back