Edirol

Angermeyer

What's the feeling on this companys products? I guess they are a daughter company to Roland. Is it just roland's front business for crappy gear?

They have some inexpensive monitors with a few neat features like integrated optical, digital and analog inputs. I suspicious of there actual monitoring quality.

Thanks

Angermeyer

Edirol is a division of Roland Corporation. Their products are mainly designed for use by PC and Mac users. Their distribution just changed; originally, their products were available by catalog order only, so you had to "buy it before you could try it". This sales approach failed badly, so now they're selling the Edirol gear through the Roland MI dealers. The electronics are very good; very high quality, reasonably priced and quite clever in design... Edirol is not a "dumping ground" for "crappy Roland gear".

IMHO, the Edirol monitors (speakers) are more like your typical self-powered PC speakers, but on steroids; quite good for general PC music hobbyists, but they don't measure up to a serious near-field monitor/power amp combination.

I hear the bass response is their weakest feature. Also that they need a while to break in and are way off axis until then. NOtice any of this?

Back