EDIROL VSC and PingDXi problems??

mtardif

Hey all, started messing around with the drum maps using EDIROL VSC on a blank project and all works perfectly. I then opened up one of my existing projects that contained nothing but 18 audio tracks, and 2 midis (for PingDXi metronome). I inserted the new midi drum map and the VSC and I get no sound from it what so ever. I thought that maybe I screwed up, so I tried it again on the empty project and the drummer worked perfectly.

Next, I went back to my existing project, deleted out the PingDXi tracks, and still got nothing. The only way I could get it to work was to create a new project, insert the midi track and the VSC first, then copy in my audio tracks from the other project.

Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem?? I'm guessing that the PingDXi and the EDIROL VSC midis are in contention but I'm not sure. Any ideas??

Still no luck, I've read through so many different threads that I think my head's gonna explode! Anyone come across anything like this yet?? Looks like it's not a PingDxi thing cause the VSC won't do anything if I insert it on a track that has any kind of audio or midi tracks already in the project. I need to start with the VSC, and then add all my audio, and it works fine, which sucks if I already have my audio recorded.

Next up, I'm be posting pictures of all of my setup, so I'm hoping someone will see something (I'm at work now or I'd post it up now).

Any help would be awesome!

OK,

Now I've never used the Ping DXI before, however, I'm assuming it's a 'effect'. OK, what you would do would be to set the output of the track to the Edirol VSC. The 'destination' track would have VSC Output as the Input, which ever output is set up in the VSC, it 1/2/3/4.

Is that how you have it set up?

Porter

Back