Edirol PCR-1 question

iwantmypie

To anyone who may have this or may know anything about the Edirol PCR-1, would I be able to hook up my mixer to this unit through the RCA inputs and use this as an audio interface for my laptop. I've been looking around for something that fits my budget (college student, you know the deal) and is 24-bit/96kHz. It seems I'd also be able to use my soft synths with this too. I've heard many good things about other Edirol products so hopefully this product will show it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Yes, the PCR-1 is an audio interface and midi controller. You can hook up a mixer to it and record two tracks at a time. I have the PCR-30 and it has worked without a hitch. I use it to control Reason (reccomended) and BFD (not reccomended). For the price and for what I use my controller for, I think it's a good piece of home recording gear.

I would search some forums, maybe Edirol's, for any problems with that particular model before purchasing. It always sucks to get a piece of gear only to find out that everyone is having the same problem with it.

Back