Edirol Orchestral's Settings Keep Changing

jamsea

I'm using edirol orchestral inside ableton live 8. I have the edirol vst in its own track, and 4 midi files routed to it.

For some reason, whenever I hit play, the instruments in tracks 1 and 4 change from harpsichords to french horns. I've been looking through the manuals but I have no idea what could cause this.

I'd appreciate any ideas!

Open Edirol up for each individual track and set the instrument to the one that's lit up.
So track one, open Edirol and set it. Close Edirol.
Track 2.... same thing.......
And ignore the numbers on the Edirol facade.
For various reasons, the may not correspond with your track order.

Same problem is happening. I forgot to post this last night, but I used guitarpro to create the midi files, that wouldn't be part of the problem would it?

Could be. I'm no expert (and I'm about to prove that) but when using someone else's files, this can also happen for a different reason.
You set the track to "Flute" for instance and a few minutes later, it goes back to the original instrument.
That's because the writer has bookmarked certain events so the track is broken up.
Something like that.
I think you can go into Track Editor and fix that by erasing the events.
I'm sure a keyboard player will come along and explain it.
And when they do, will be most kind to me for at least trying to help. :)

Thanks for the idea, I poked around a bit more and erased any of the envelopes the MIDI file had. Random things like MIDI CTRL 93 were set to like 127 so I tried setting all of those parameters to zero and test everything again. Same problem is happening though x_X.

Back