Echo!

SirPsychoSexy

Hello,
When I try to record audio in Cubase 5 VST/32, there is this echo that I cannot get rid of! For instance, if I hit my snare drum once, half a second later, it echoes.

What causes this, and how can I fix it? Is it a bug??

Chris

Sound Card

My sound card is a Creative Audigy. I wasn't willing to shell out 800 bucks CDN for anything else at the time. :-(

The first thing you want to check is for other programs running on your computer in the backround. Use ctrl/alt/del to turn off the programs you don't need running. You can turn most off in your startup applications also.
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startu...tartup_full.htm
will tell you all the abbreviations for the applications.
Check the echo after doing that. If it's still happening, make sure it isn't feedback coming from the headphones or monitors(turn the monitors off). Also turn off all the effects. Test it again.

The latency could be caused by your audio settings. Try selecting another disk cache scheme in the Audio System setup dialog. Pull down your Audio menu and choose system. You should be showing the ASIO Multimedia Driver for your device. Select ASIO Control panel and make sure your sound card is selected. You can also create a custom setup.There is online help in the ASIO Multimedia Setup dialogs.

Another thing to check is the VST performance meter. If after doing all of the above and you still have poor performance then your puter may not be fast enuff for the software. Let us know what you find.

does the creative have a asio driver? all you need to do is disable monitoring. under the audio setup select global disable it'll fix your problem

Back