Echo or M Audio...your thoughts please

deepseasquid

Hey to all.....I'm real new to this forum as you can see. I have looked around this and other forums before posting this question. Here goes: I have a SB Platinum, but want a more dedicated card for audio rec. and software. I will be using a Mackie 1202, and a decent yet small monitoring setup. I do make some of my own samples, and use others as well. Since the Mackie has good pre's, I'm thinking about Echo Gina or M Audio Delta 66. Any suggestions? I'm running 98 SE on a Pent III at 866, and both drives are 7200rpm. So far I'm not doing Midi, but you never know, so I want to keep my options open. I seem to be hearing that you can run two cards w/out any probs, is that right? Any help and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gina and the 66 are both great cards...you wont go wrong with either....the sound quality is very similar, i think they use the same converters......

as far as analog inputs, the 66 has 4 in / 4 out while the Gina has 2 in / 8 out.....depending on your needs, this may be an issue.....

for about the same price of the Gina, or less, you can get the Omni Studio which is a 66 pci card with the breakout box replaced by the Omni unit which has all the inputs plus aux channels plus headphone outs plus 2 VERY NICE preamps.....

Thanks Gidge. For all the research I've been doing, I seem to be narrowing it down with help from you all. Now I'm leaning toward the Delta 66 w/ the omni box. Thanks again.

Back