Echo MiaMidi Soundcard

Toolsound

Hey everyone, I just got a MiaMidi soundcard, but I'm having some problems. Whenever I'm running Cubase I can't seem to use winamp to play a song. I get an error message that says:

"Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in confirguration. Error code: 80004005."

When I close out of Cubase, the problem goes away and I can listen to songs via winamp again. I'm using the latest driver from Echo for the MiaMidi and I disabled the soundcard that's integrated into my motherboard.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Toolsound said:
Hey everyone, I just got a MiaMidi soundcard, but I'm having some problems. Whenever I'm running Cubase I can't seem to use winamp to play a song. I get an error message that says:

"Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in confirguration. Error code: 80004005."

When I close out of Cubase, the problem goes away and I can listen to songs via winamp again. I'm using the latest driver from Echo for the MiaMidi and I disabled the soundcard that's integrated into my motherboard.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

You may find your sound card is dedicated to playing cubase and will not play any other audio software at the same time. Try coming out of cubase and use win amp if win amp will not play this is definately your problem and one I have encountered whilst trying to switch between cool edit and cubase. try importing the music file you want to hear into an audio track of cubase.

OK, so in other words my soundcard might simply not allow me to run both applications at once. I guess I can live with that. I was thinking that something was actually wrong with my soundcard/driver/software.

I doubt it, Cubase is notoriously problematic when trying to use other audio software. Like I say just try import audio on cubase and load up the win amp file you want to listen to.

Back