Echo Mia24 drivers suddenly gone kaput.

Nigie

I've had my mia soundcard operating perfectly for some time on Mac G4. Today it's console icon which lives in the Dock turned pale and had a grey question mark over it. Now when I call up the console it has diminished to 2 playback channels and an "OUTPUT BUS" Digital In and MASTER Analog 3-4, ie. most of the analogue and digital ins and out channels are gone. I've downloaded the the latest OSX 10.2 jaguar drivers and even tried the OS 10.1 drivers from Echo; I've even moved the sound card to a different PCI slot and nothing is working. I'm not used to the Mac operating system so don't know how to trouble shoot the problem any more.

Most of the Echo pull down menu options are greyed out and won't respond so I can't get my hands on anything that way.

When I boot up Logic it tells me that core audio drivers can't be found. This not a terribly joyous state of affairs.....!

>Any< program or driver can go at any time.. that's why you have to make backups.

Hard drives lose data and the older they get, the more data they lose. Magnetic media can flake off the drive platters or there can be marginal spots on any drive. Hell, even a random cosmic ray can knock some molecules of oxide off the platters.

Try to reinstall the drivers, but if the drive is older or starts acting flakey..... dont hesitate to get a new drive just to keep your sanity.

Back